Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Currently on the Needles


On November 10, 2012, I became an instant aunt, to 8? nieces and nephews! AND there's more on the way, with a little one, expected for it's arrival any day now! So, I started a pair of bitty scratch mittens. I wanted the stitches to be small and tight, so I'm using some lovely Tosh sock yarn(dipping into my bee keeper quilt stash :S) on size 1's, using the magic loop method. I have to say, this is my first time working with such small gauged needles and yarn-I absolutely love it! I just have two more sets to make after these ones...Oh, did I forget to mention, one of my sister-in-laws is expecting twins in the fall! :D Ahhhh! So exciting! There are so many things I wish I could knit for all of the babes, but can't keep up, haha. 

I also have the Hooded Scarf still on the needles...I had to put it down for a couple days, stepping back from a slight modification I've made...I wasn't sure if I liked it. I think I've made a decision and will move forward with it today. 

Happy Monday everyone! 

5 comments:

  1. I've been knitting a bunch of scratch mitts too! I'm on my fourth pair, with one more to go after these. Then I can move on to something else. Something that doesn't fit in the palm of my hands when it's done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all your wonderful nieces and nephews! Little mittens are so addictive to knit, aren't they? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Scout and Rice! It is all very exciting! Yes, they are SO addictive...it makes me kinda want to only make mitts and booties for my future Etsy shop. :) Instant gratification...yessss.

      Delete
  3. where is the pattern for the mitties?

    ReplyDelete