Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Surprise Arrival from Manitoba

EEEEEEEEE!!! My crocheted surprise lovingly made by my future sister-in-law came in the mail today! :D I am super excited and can't stop gushing over it. I absolutely love it! She knows me pretty darn well. I have been wanting to make myself an off white/creamy colored infinity scarf for this coming winter. Well, now I already have one!

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

I had my sister model it for me so I could take a shot of the detail. The pattern Christen used is called The Chunky Circle Scarf by People Webs. 
Thank you so much Christen! I will be treasuring this piece for many years to come! :)
Christen just received her knitted surprise yesterday! I can now share some of the photos I took of it.

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard 

This Autumn in Garrison Slouchy Hat by Kate Gagnon Osborn was so much fun to knit. It was my first time following a lace chart. I found it to be very clear and easy to follow. I did have some issues in the beginning and had to frog the hat more than a few times, but that was all my fault, being distracted while knitting.

Hope your having a relaxing evening! :) 










 

4 comments:

  1. Your hat looks amazing! I'm loving the leaf pattern~ That pattern is going straight into my queue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica! :D I had so much fun knitting this hat, and am for sure going to knit another one sometime in the future. I would love to see your finished hat, if you end up making one!
      Happy Knitting!

      Delete
  2. what yarn did you use? it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. :) For the hat? I used madelinetosh worsted...the dye color, I believe is Rosewood? Thank you!

      Delete