Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

'To Knit' List--Selfish Knits

Every knitter/crocheter needs some time for selfish projects. I have a list of some things I would like to knit for myself, especially for this coming winter, given It will be my first winter living in Canada!
I am in love with the herringbone stitch(I am still working on the baby blanket that I am in no rush to finish), which brings me to this beautiful 6.Big Herringbone Cowl by Whit's Knits from the Purl bee:

(Free pattern)


(Free pattern)

I am thinking of knitting up this one first and for most, just because it will be a quicker knit and I already have all the materials for this. I am actually going to frog this stockinette scarf(below) I had knitted last year and turn into the one above, OR maybe I should knit it into a seed stitch cowl??? Please, any advice? Would be greatly appreciated!

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

Another one of my favorite stitches is the seed stitch. I think the seed stitch makes a perfect warm chunky infinity scarf/cowl. So, here is the GAP inspired 8. GAP-tastic cowl by Jen Giegley:

(Free ravelry pattern)




(Free patterns)


I especially love the striped mittens and think to start of with I am only going to make the mittens for me to wear next winter.
For a hat I am really liking 10. Rooty by Alexandra Tinsley:

(Purchase ravelry pattern here)

I like everything about it, the pattern design, the way it sits on the head, although I would probably knit it using a different color(s). 

Please feel free to share your input!:) 






2 comments:

  1. where did yu find a pattern for those mittens (second from bottom) or is that just a photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :)
      It's a 'set' pattern...here's the link: http://www.pickles.no/hello-new-york-winter-access/

      Delete