Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Ella's Boots

My second knit design is finished! Here is Ella's Boots...


© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

I wanted the boots to be warm and durable with some texture. I designed Ella's boots with a high cuff, which can be rolled down, giving it a different look/style. I used genuine leather for the soles, making the bottoms durable and skid-free. 

I want to bring fun, vibrance, character and warmth to each design. So, I was thinking that a cute animal  illustration paired with each garment would add a nice touch, making each design more unique and personal, especially for little ones. What do you think?!

This is putting together all 3 of my passions: photography, knitting, art, and design. :) 



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am Caylee's sister and found your blog after she pinned something from it. I absolutely love these boots and find your illustrations charming.

    Candice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Candice!! Thank you so much! I am going to be setting up an Etsy shop this coming spring/summer, so the boots, as well as some other children's knits and illustrations will be available for purchase, in case you are ever interested! Thank you for stopping by!! :D

      Delete