Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

What Inspires You?

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

This morning I was brainstorming more ideas for designs, and it got me thinking...what inspires a new design? Where does the inspiration come from? Well, there could be many answers to those questions! ;) I am going to try and keep my answer simple. 
I really love the many different textures, colors, and shapes that can be found in nature, architectures, animals, and food. I also love a touch of classic and simplicity. For me,  these things so often apply to my knitting, art, and photography. 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

What about you? Where do you draw inspiration from for your passions? 
Please share! :D


4 comments:

  1. beautiful shots of that wip! i'd love to see how it turns out!
    i think most of my inspiration comes from skeletal/muscular anatomy. next to that it could be cold unforgiving natural environments or the supernatural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Britney! It is actually one of my wip's I work on in the evening's. It's a dishcloth. :)
      Your inspiration coming from skeletal/muscular anatomy, very interesting! I love how unique all our inspirations can be! What types of things do you enjoy knitting the most?
      Thank you for sharing! :D

      Delete
  2. Your simplicity drew me in right away. My inspiration comes from my dog Sophie. She has taken me on a ride for the passed 6 years that has been exilerating and peaceful at the same time. I have enjoyed knitting over the years and when I see creations such as yours it just fuels my juices.

    Ron...Sophie's Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear that my simplicity drew you in! Thank you, Ron! It sounds like Sophie can be quite the knitting buddy. :) She probably finds peace in watching you knit, as you find peace in knitting while having her by your side. Thank you so much for sharing! :D

      Delete